Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Universal Orlando Welcomes All New Blog Squad: Class of 2018

Discussion in 'Official Universal Studios News' started by Disney Newsboy, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Disney Newsboy

Disney Newsboy Extra! Extra! Staff Member

[​IMG]
    Collectively, they’ve traveled millions of miles. Set foot on every continent. Had their passports stamped in almost every country in the world. And they’ve shared their adventures all along the way on Facebook, Instagram, TV and their own award-winning blogs.

The next stop on their epic journey? Universal Orlando Resort.

Meet the Universal Orlando Blog Squad, Class of 2018!

We recruited some of the world’s most entertaining traveling storytellers on the planet to join the second official #UORBlogSquad. This week, this new class of bloggers, journalists and digital influencers will visit the destination where we’ll give them a taste of our three parks, five on-site hotels and countless dining options. Then they’ll share their fresh take on Universal Orlando with all of you in the months to come—right here on the Universal Orlando blog.

Join us in welcoming them to the Universal Orlando family.

[​IMG]

Oneika Raymond, Oneika the Traveller

Oneika Raymond is a journalist, media personality and Travel Channel host who has journeyed to more than 100 countries on six continents. Toronto-born but New York-based, she’s obsessed with experiencing everything this gorgeous planet has to offer.

What sparked your love of travel and adventure? Coming from an immigrant family (my parents are Jamaican) and growing up in an exciting multicultural city like Toronto sparked my love of travel. Having such a rich home culture, in additional to being surrounded by people from different walks of life, really fueled my curiosity about what lay beyond my hometown. This inspired me to see the world!

[​IMG]

Rob & Chris Taylor, 2TravelDads

Rob and Chris Taylor are all about exploring the globe and giving their kids a broad worldview. From fun in the sun to culture in the city, the Dads share their journey of being an LGBT+ family and world schooling their growing kids.

What sparked your love of travel and adventure? Ever since we were kids, we loved to explore, so having kids was definitely not going to stop that. There’s something about continually having new and exciting experience in new places, and we have to share that with our kids.

[​IMG]

Jane Ko, A Taste of Koko

Jane Ko writes the Austin-based food and travel blog, A Taste of Koko. A Taste of Koko features the hottest restaurants and weekend getaways.

What sparked your love of travel and adventure? My blog sparked my love for travel! I started my blog when I was finishing my undergrad at the University of Texas at Austin and my first travel trip was to the Eastern Caribbean. I fell in love with travel because I’m obsessed with learning about the new cultures, people, and food.

[​IMG]

Keryn Means, Walking on Travels

Keryn Means is a freelance writer and the founder of Twist Travel Magazine, the only print and digital magazine for families who want to design a travel-inspired life. She also runs the award-winning site WalkingOnTravels. Her goal is to give hope to today’s active parent who doesn’t want to stop their lives—they simply bring their kids along for the ride as they explore the world. You can find Keryn dragging her two boys around the DC area most days and across the globe several times a year.

What sparked your love of travel and adventure? When I was eight years old, my dad handed me my first camera. I started capturing the world around me and telling stories through pictures. In high school, I went to Mexico with my aunt to visit friends, which opened my eyes to a world I never knew was out there beyond my hometown of Philadelphia. Soon, I was pursing any chance to get out the door to explore new places, especially if they took me on a plane to get a new stamp in my passport.

[​IMG]

Raisa Rivas, Parques Tematicos de Orlando

As an Orlando resident, Raisa visits the parks very often. As a journalist specializing in travel for more than 14 years, she believes that no matter how many times you visit, you will find something new.

What sparked your love of travel and adventure? My father was a journalist and travel agent, but my beginnings as a journalist were by chance in a travel magazine, where I developed a passion to write about travel.

[​IMG]

Brock Groombridge, Backpack with Brock

For more than eight years, Brock has run his travel video blog, Backpack With Brock, sharing his adventures around the world through video. Recently, he reached his goal of visiting 100 countries by his 30th birthday and looks forward to his next big step, where he’ll be calling London, UK home.

What sparked your love of travel and adventure? Growing up on a small farm in Ontario, Canada, I never travelled abroad but always dreamed of visiting Africa. In 2010, after finishing my degree in television, and inspired by this dream, I set off on a one-year, 36-country backpacking adventure around the world. This journey sparked my passion for travel and, through my blog, has evolved into the most incredible career I could dream of.

[​IMG]

Collette & Scott Stohler, Roamaroo

Collette & Scott Stohler are a husband and wife duo that are hopelessly in love with each other and with the world. In 2015, they quit their corporate jobs, sold their cars, and rented out their homes in order to explore the world together.

What sparked your love of travel and/or adventure?

We have an innate curiosity to explore and an unquenchable desire to learn. We truly believe that life is about experiencing moments rather than collecting things.

[​IMG]

Caroline Eubanks, This is My South

Caroline is a travel blogger and freelance writer who loves to share stories from the Southern United States. She’s a roller coaster addict and has a neurotic chocolate lab.

What sparked your love of travel and adventure? I used to go with my dad to pick up my grandparents from the airport. I loved hearing their stories about their adventures around the world.

[​IMG]

Danielle Faust, OKDani

Dani is a dynamic digital content creator based in South Florida. She is the candid voice behind OKDani, covering family, wellness and travel. When not building her empire, she’s chugging coffee and chasing her two preschoolers.

What sparked your love of travel and adventure? I’ve always been interested in visiting faraway lands and didn’t get the opportunity as a child. So, I vowed to travel as much as I can as an adult and be sure to take my children along for the journey.

[​IMG]

Chris Christensen, Amateur Traveler

Chris is the host of the Amateur Traveler, an award-winning podcast and blog that focuses primarily on travel destinations. When he is not traveling, Chris lives the life of a Silicon Valley computer nerd.

What sparked your love of travel and adventure? I started traveling with my parents driving to the western National Parks pulling an old 14-foot trailer. I grew up with a lot of people who had never left the state and even that experience made me seem like a consummate traveler.

[​IMG]

Tammilee Tillison, Tammilee Tips

Travel writer, sunset chaser, photographer, chai tea addict, Birkenstock girl who loves new adventures and celebrating the good in daily life.

What sparked your love of travel and adventure? As a kid my parents would load us up in the family VW Vanagon and take us on road trips across the country. We had a family goal of hitting all 50 states and exploring the world. These early adventures sparked my desire to explore the world and see new things.

[​IMG]

Beci Mahnken, Adventures with Beci

As the founder of MEI-Travel, Beci enjoys wandering the world and shares her experiences with others through travel related podcasts, blogs and magazines.

What sparked your love of travel and adventure? I love discovery and learning about other cultures and history through travel. I also love fun (ie: nurturing my inner 11-year -old) which is why I primary focus on theme park travel and ocean cruises!

[​IMG]

Jenn Greene, Journeys with Jenn

Jenn is a mother of two girls, and loves to experience travel in every capacity. She is always making an impact and sharing her journey.

What sparked your love of travel and adventure? I have always loved visiting new places. My parents made sure we traveled as kids. That carried into my adulthood and now I share my love with my children.

[​IMG]

Gavin Boswell, Orlando Attraction Tickets

Gavin has worked in the travel industry for over 20 years mostly focused on Florida. His current passions are social media and roller coasters.

What sparked your love of travel and adventure? My love for travel probably started with my Dad. He was in the army and would get posted to lots of exotic countries and return with amazing stories.

The Blog Squad’s adventures begin this week at Universal Orlando Resort. Follow along here on the Universal Orlando blog and on their individual blogs as well.

The post Universal Orlando Welcomes All New Blog Squad: Class of 2018 appeared first on Close Up.

Source: Universal Orlando Blog