Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tips and Tricks

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by AgentAmandaK, Dec 16, 2016.

1. AgentAmandaK

AgentAmandaK Member

Let's post some of our favorite tips and tricks! I'll post some of mine in the thread.

Lauren likes this.
  2. AgentAmandaK

AgentAmandaK Member

Pre park opening dining reservations are so cool. First, you get in the park early for pictures with low crowds! There's no wait at the restaurants, and if you're early enough, you can finish and head to a ride like 7 Dwarfs Mine Train or Peter Pan or Soarin' before anyone else.

Lauren and Holly like this.
  3. Angie Waller

Angie Waller Member

In Animal Kingdom go straight to the safari and see the animals before it gets to hot. You can usually catch most of them walking around early in the morning.

Lauren, Holly and AgentAmandaK like this.
  4. AgentAmandaK

AgentAmandaK Member

Yes! And we usually try to go on the safari a couple times that day. It's fun because it's always different! If we show up at our fast pass time and the line is short, we change the fast pass to a later time and hop in the standby line.

Lauren and PNP Thom like this.
  5. AgentAmandaK

AgentAmandaK Member

Rider switch. If you have a little one who isn't tall enough for some rides, take your whole party to the cast member at the queue and ask for a rider switch pass. This allows someone to stay with the little one while the first group rides, then the "babysitter" can come back and get in the fast pass line at a later time. The best part is that the rider switch pass allows up to 3 people to ride. If you have older kids, that means they can ride twice!

Lauren and Holly like this.
  6. Angie Waller

Angie Waller Member

Also you can do the rider switch if you have an older child that is scared of rides. We did that one year when my youngest was to afraid to ride most rides. He only liked the slow boat rides :)

Lauren, Holly and AgentAmandaK like this.
  7. JackieForDisney

JackieForDisney New Member

If you are visiting Bippidy Boppidy Boutique, try to schedule it first thing in the morning and visit as many of the princesses as you can for pictures that day. Seeing your little princess with the "real" princesses is priceless and the pictures are fantastic! We try to get as many fast passes that day for Fairytale Hall, Aerial's Grotto, etc.

Kambrea, Lauren, Holly and 1 other person like this.
  8. Holly

Holly New Member

a well known one among regulars, but use the shops along the sides of Main street & Hollywood Boulevard in HS to avoid the crowds & to get a/c when it's hot--all the stores are connected :). You can also do this with some of the shops on Discovery Island in AK :).

Kambrea, Lauren and AgentAmandaK like this.
  9. PNP Thom

PNP Thom PNP Ghost Host Staff Member

If we're in the Magic Kingdom, the Mrs. always has us hit Peter Pan's Flight first thing. There's never a line if you're there at opening, but gets busier as the morning goes on. Save your fastpasses for something like Mine Train.

Jazzygirl72, Kambrea, Lauren and 2 others like this.
  10. Angie Waller

Angie Waller Member

In MK go left instead of towards Fantasy Land. You will be able to get a lot more rides in and it won't be crowded.

Lauren likes this.
  11. Lauren

Lauren New Member

Before you set out for the day, do a screen cap of your reservations for the day and set it as your background on your phone. It will save loads of battery life.

Kambrea likes this.
  12. Kambrea

Kambrea New Member

I guess it's kind of a tip. When you visit the World Showcase, take time to explore each country. There are wonderful hidden gems all over to discover. I especially love the Bijutsu-kan Gallery and the "pick-a-pearl" in Japan or all the colorful items in the Mexico pavilion.

Jazzygirl72 and Lauren like this.
  13. Lauren

Lauren New Member

The Mexico pavilion is awesome! I love the Three Caballeros ride :)

Kambrea and PNP Thom like this.
  14. PNP Thom

PNP Thom PNP Ghost Host Staff Member

I'd second picking a pearl from the Japan pavilion. That's something the kids and @Kambrea do almost every time we go! It's a great memento of your trip for under $20.

Kambrea and Lauren like this.
  15. Kambrea

Kambrea New Member

Yes. It's one of our "must do's" every time.

16. Anthony

Anthony New Member

The best days to visit the MK, is on Wed. and Thurs.