Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RUMOR – ‘Star Tours’ Experiences to Soon Be Divided by Trilogies

Discussion in 'Latest News and Rumors' started by Disney Newsboy, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Disney Newsboy

Disney Newsboy Extra! Extra! Staff Member

Not only is Star Tours getting the addition of a new sequence — the planet Crait from The Last Jedi — but there’s word that soon the attraction will be divided by trilogy. In other words, you won’t be inexplicably “time traveling” from the prequel era to the sequel and back to the original Star Wars trilogy. The rumor states that Guests will soon be able to choose their path — either to travel through episodes I-VI or stay in the sequel era.

From WDW News Today

What does this mean? Well, an entirely new opening sequence featuring characters from Episodes 7 and 8 will debut, followed by the Jakku sequence, a transmission from BB-8 (and maybe even some other new characters), and then finally, the new Crait sequence featuring the planet from The Last Jedi. It is unknown when this will begin, but it should be somewhere in the timeframe of 6-12 months after the debut of the Crait scene later this month.

This is good to hear, as I was getting kind of tired of Jakku over and over again. And it made no sense when the new version of Star Tours supposedly takes place between episodes III and IV.

New Sequence for Star Tours Debuts November 17

According to the Disney Parks Blog, the new Crait sequence will debut in Disneyland and Disney’s Hollywood Studios on November 17. But Disney hints of another new sequence as well, which could be the new opening that WDW News Today is referencing.

I just hope that someday Disney will set aside one theater for a remastered version the original Star Tours film. That would be pretty epic.

[Source: WDW News Today]

The post RUMOR – ‘Star Tours’ Experiences to Soon Be Divided by Trilogies appeared first on The Kingdom Insider.

Source: The Kingdom Insider