Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RUMOR – Shanghai’s ‘Tron’ Coaster Replacing the Tomorrowland Speedway in Walt Disney World?

Discussion in 'Disney News and Rumors' started by TDAdmin, Mar 31, 2017.

1. TDAdmin

TDAdmin Grand Pooh Bear Staff Member

Greetings, Programs! Is the popular Tron Lightcycle Power Run roller coaster making its way from Shanghai Disneyland to Walt Disney World? That’s a rumor making the rounds courtesy of “insider” Jim Hill.

According to the rumor, the Tron coaster would replace the aging Tomorrowland Speedway during a proposed revamp of Tomorrowland. While the Speedway has been a fixture of the Magic Kingdom since opening day in 1971, it certainly does take up a lot of valuable real estate and doesn’t fit the futuristic theme of Tomorrowland.

Link:
    RUMOR - Shanghai's 'Tron' Coaster Replacing the Tomorrowland Speedway in Walt Disney World? | The Kingdom Insider

2. 30yrDisneyfan

30yrDisneyfan New Member

Hello!

Im very sure they'll bring this ride to Walt Disney world.

I think it would fit perfect in Tomorrow Land, it would be a great addition to that park and really elevate that area of the park. As you said the speedway needs to go, it really is the perfect space for a roller coaster.
    That said it would be very "cool" in Epcot, but I believe Epcot tries to keep their attractions based in reality, innovation, science, etc...

Would love to see a post on what you think about Epcot's Future world's future?

PNP Thom likes this.
  3. PNP Thom

PNP Thom PNP Ghost Host Staff Member

Thanks!

I think we'll get to that. I'd like Future World (and Tomorrowland) to go back to being visions of the future or focus on cutting edge technology, not relics of the past. (Sometimes it feels like Tomorrowland should be renamed 'Yesterville!')

I also don't mind IP if it makes sense. Guardians of the Galaxy in Future World doesn't make sense to me, but Wall-E would, for example.

30yrDisneyfan likes this.