Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RUMOR – Moana Coaster in Walt Disney World?! Disney Looking to Resurrect ‘Fire Mountain’ Volcano Att

Discussion in 'Disney News and Rumors' started by TDAdmin, Apr 25, 2017.

1. TDAdmin

TDAdmin Grand Pooh Bear Staff Member

Disney might be looking to counter Universal Orlando’s Volcano Bay with a volcano attraction of its own — a Moana rollercoaster. The thing is, this attraction isn’t a new idea. It’s a long-shelved concept called Fire Mountain that might finally see the light of day after all, if Jim Hill is to be believed. The original concept was an expansion of the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea subs and Adventureland and sat in the Seven Seas Lagoon facing the Polynesian Resort.

More: RUMOR - Moana Coaster in Walt Disney World?! Disney Looking to Resurrect 'Fire Mountain' Volcano Attraction Idea?

2. Jazzygirl72

Jazzygirl72 Member

I can't even imagine this. The Lagoon is used for transport and they just built the bungalows with the nice views of MK. Besides, how would they even do this? Only allow Poly guests to use it? Charge a fee? 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea was in Fantasyland. I'm going to guess that this was a "big" idea but then realized it wouldn't work since it would be outside the actual MK.

3. TDAdmin

That's what I'm thinking. I think they used much of that concept for the Tokyo version of 20,000 Leagues. But I've heard rumors about refurbs of Adventureland and Tomorrowland, and Moana is hot right now, so who knows?

4. Jazzygirl72

Jazzygirl72 Member

Well THAT I can believe. Adding her into Adventureland would make total sense. :)

5. TDAdmin

I'm all for adding Moana, just not at the expense of the Tiki Room. :(