Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reflecting on a Magical Weekend at A Celebration of Harry Potter 2018

Discussion in 'Official Universal Studios News' started by Disney Newsboy, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Disney Newsboy

Disney Newsboy Extra! Extra! Staff Member

[​IMG]
    Harry Potter fans from around the world traveled to Universal Orlando Resort last weekend for A Celebration of Harry Potter. Hoping to keep the magic alive just a bit longer, we’re excited to look back at our favorite moments from the event.

Number one on our list is you – the fans! You did not disappoint, with amazing costumes inspired by J.K. Rowling’s Wizarding World and its characters. Click here to see some of the most incredible costumes from the weekend, including those selected for our Hogwarts House Rally and Costume Showcase.

[​IMG]

Without a doubt, Q&A sessions with the Harry Potter film stars offered special opportunities to reminisce about the films. I loved hearing from first-time event attendees, Natalia Tena (Nymphadora Tonks) and Stanislav Yanevski (Viktor Krum), as well as returning fan-favorites, James Phelps (Fred Weasley), Oliver Phelps (George Weasley) and Bonnie Wright (Ginny Weasley).

I’m sure most fans would agree being “sorted” is a milestone in every wizard’s adventure, so you can imagine how happy I was to see the Sorting Hat Experience return for this year’s event. This must-do activity was complemented by seemingly endless opportunities at the Harry Potter Expo to be immersed in the wizarding world, from virtual reality experiences to sneak peeks at set design.

GIF [​IMG]

Workshops provided an even closer look at the art and science of creating the Harry Potter films. I shamelessly worked on my choreography skills during “Dance Like a Beauxbaton and Battle Like a Durmstrang,” and I won’t forget learning from Paul Harris about what it takes to master wand combat.

GIF [​IMG]

Last, but certainly not least, every evening of the celebration culminated in an unforgettable, dazzling display of lights, special effects and music during Universal Orlando’s first-ever showing of The Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts Castle. There’s nothing quite like sipping a Butterbeer and soaking in the beauty of this breathtaking display after a long day of fun. With my house scarf wrapped around me, I proudly cheered for the tribute to Gryffindor.

GIF [​IMG]

What were some of your favorite moments from A Celebration of Harry Potter 2018? Share with me in the comments below.

The post Reflecting on a Magical Weekend at A Celebration of Harry Potter 2018 appeared first on Close Up.

Source: Universal Orlando Blog