Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question on food and wine festival

Discussion in 'Epcot' started by pa. dad, Aug 25, 2017.

1. pa. dad

pa. dad New Member

We have been to epcot several times but never to the food and wine festival.
    Is there a lot of food to munch on? Should we reserve a dinner at one of the restaurants or will the kiosks have enough food to eat?
    Usually we'll eat at Canada or france for dinner or UK.

TDAdmin likes this.
  2. TDAdmin

TDAdmin Grand Pooh Bear Staff Member

Hello and welcome aboard!

That's a tough one! There certainly is enough food to munch on that I don't know if you'd want to have a big meal on days you plan to hit the kiosks. Many of the portions are larger than you'd expect. 2-3 would make an entree at most restaurants IMHO.

Personally I'd save your dinner reservation for another day, or maybe do a light lunch at a table service restaurant, then graze at the kiosks in the late afternoon and evening.

(My personal favorite restaurant in the World Showcase is the Rose & Crown Pub in the UK! Their portions are pretty big, though!)

pa. dad likes this.
  3. pa. dad

pa. dad New Member

Thank you.
    Is it the same food that they serve inside at the restaurants that they've just carted off to the outdoor tables or is it different food that is only available at the food and wine festival?

TDAdmin likes this.
  4. TDAdmin

TDAdmin Grand Pooh Bear Staff Member

Most are new items, but sometimes there's some overlap. I'm pretty sure the Cheddar Cheese Soup at Food & Wine is the same as what's served at Le Cellier, but I could be mistaken.

(The Patagonia Beef Skewer from last year's Food & Wine tastes very similar to beef served at the Satu'li Canteen in Pandora, too!)

pa. dad likes this.
  5. pa. dad

pa. dad New Member

Thanks again. We may check it out at the food & wine as it is likely to be very crowded at pandora.

TDAdmin likes this.
  6. Sauvageau.Travel

Sauvageau.Travel New Member

Hey pa. Dad. One great tip would be to grab a few different options from the kiosks and find a nice spot inside one of the quick service restaurants and sit down and eat your selected dishes. Be sure to share multiple dishes from each cart and share them with friends and family. Also you can stop by the Festival Marketplace to pick up your free Discovery passport so you can keep track of your what you have eaten.

pa. dad likes this.
  7. pa. dad

pa. dad New Member

And where would the festival marketplace be?
    Is there somwehere that gives us an overview of all the different offerings ?

8. Sauvageau.Travel

Sauvageau.Travel New Member

The passports can be picked up at the Festival Center, which is between Mission: Space and the, now closed Universe of Energy building. They can also be picked up at any of the festival market places that sell merchandise. As for a list that give you an idea of what is being offered, Disney Parks Blog has a comprehensive list of offerings that was posted last month, which can be found here

pa. dad likes this.
  9. pa. dad

pa. dad New Member

Wow thats really an extensive list. Hope the people have some room to walk too with all those vendors around. I wasnt sure how big the thing is. Thank you.