Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pop Century Refurb

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Jazzygirl72, May 28, 2017.

1. Jazzygirl72

Jazzygirl72 Member

I am trying to get some solid information about the room refurbs that are going on at PC. It started earlier this year and at first I thought it was just a "touch up". Apparently they are completely renovating some rooms to have one queen bed and a drop down murphy bed. I am not sure how many rooms they are doing this to and if they are also overhauling the rooms with the two double beds. Since I've heard they are changing the decor, I'm thinking they are doing all the rooms over in that regards. I guess they will do all the buildings into 2018.
    Does anyone know any details on the ground about this? I have clients staying there and I am also doing a group trip in February there so I'd like to get more info. I'm surprised Disney hasn't done an official release on this.
    Thanks!

TDAdmin likes this.
  2. TDAdmin

TDAdmin Grand Pooh Bear Staff Member

Pop is definitely due for an overhaul. It's also one of the resorts on the rumored gondola route. Hmmm...

3. Jazzygirl72

Jazzygirl72 Member

Oh right, I forgot about that. Wow, if you look at ALL the projects going on at WDW, it's overwhelming!
    I just wish they'd release details, especially since the rumor is that you can stay in a rehabbed room starting this summer. Like I said, it would be nice to know how many got switched to the queen bed/murphy bed. I would hope they would not put a family or 3 or 4 into one of those rooms without asking. I have a dad going with his two teen kids. That room wouldn't really work for them.

4. TDAdmin

We've taken our two kids to Pop before, but it was a tight fit. Also, they were much smaller. It's been several years, but last time we were there the beds were doubles, I believe.

5. Jazzygirl72

Jazzygirl72 Member

Yes, the beds are doubles. I stayed there last year. I think they are trying to accommodate couples with this modification.

TDAdmin likes this.
  6. TDAdmin

7. Jazzygirl72

Jazzygirl72 Member

I really like it. Clean lines and gives more space to move around. My only thought is if the floors will make noises echo more. Lol