Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New welcome show

Discussion in 'Magic Kingdom' started by Angie Waller, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Angie Waller

Angie Waller Member

I can't believe they are changing the Welcome Show. I loved watching it before entering the park. I don't think the new show will have the same magical feeling as the current one does.

2. AgentAmandaK

AgentAmandaK Member

Confession: We have never seen the welcome show. :( The only way I have ever been able to get my family to the park early enough is to make a dining reservation, so we have always missed it! I'm actually hoping to see it at the castle when we leave Crystal Palace on our next trip if we can eat quickly enough.

3. Angie Waller

Angie Waller Member

I get upset if I miss it. I rush my family out the door in order to make it. They all know how important it is to me so they try hard to get there in time.

PNP Thom likes this.
  4. Barb Strait

Barb Strait New Member

I am not happy about it being at the castle, that is not opening the park in my opinion, I guess we will have to wait and see!! I have shed many tears at the opening show!!

PNP Thom likes this.
  5. PNP Thom

PNP Thom PNP Ghost Host Staff Member

Hmm. I've seen it on YouTube and I'm not a big fan. "Good Morning" was always the way to start off a day in the Magic Kingdom.

To compare the two...

And the new Welcome Show...

Younger guests will undoubtedly like all the Disney characters in the new show, but I still prefer the old time feeling of the original.