Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Visit to Pandora

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Jazzygirl72, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Jazzygirl72

Jazzygirl72 Member

Last week I went to WDW on a girls' trip to see Pandora and other new stuff at WDW. All I can say is O.M.G. Pandora is all that Disney promised it would be, and then some! It was hard to know if it was hyped up too much or if it really did transport you to Pandora. Well, I'm happy to say it exceeded my expectations! I am not officially in love with it! The architecture and decor is even more amazing than any pictures or videos can show. Those floating mountains are...WOW. The sights, sounds, and smells are so authentic you really can't tell you're in AK.
    The rides: Na'vi River Ride is low key and relaxing. There's so much to see in the details and special effects. It's a dark ride so everything is bio-luminescent. The Shaman is truly the most realistic animatronic that they've made. She was beautiful! Kudos to Disney for keeping it old school and not doing the projection type figures that you see in the newer rides.
    Flight of Passage....my new obsession. I got to ride it three times because I had a Disability pass and a Fastpass. I went to AK on my first day and by 9:30am, the line was 3-4 hours long. I couldn't believe it. I wish I took a video of it as I walked past. I'm so grateful I didn't have to wait in that! I missed the special props in the standby line but I was totally okay with that. LOL
    This ride is not for the faint of heart. It's a virtual ride that's so realistic. It's Soarin' on steriods. LOL
    You really do feel like you're on the back of a banshee!! DO NOT miss this ride if you can help it!
    The food: I ate in Santuli Canteen twice and got the "bowls" both times but with different combos. It's by far the best quick service meal I've ever had in Disney. Flavorful and super fresh. The desserts were amazing and not too sweet. I had the Moara margarita on my first visit and tried both beers the next day. All were excellent.
    Pandora at night: very hard to capture in pictures/video. So beautiful. You have to see it in both the day and night. The whole place comes alive at night and is connected by the luminescence.

I wrote a long trip report on my Facebook page if anyone wants to read about my other experiences. www.facebook.com/mcabyaudrey It's in the Notes section. :)

PNP Thom likes this.
  2. PNP Thom

PNP Thom PNP Ghost Host Staff Member

We got to visit in June and loved it! It's so strange seeing buses full for Animal Kingdom!

3. Boricuany8

Boricuany8 New Member

I was there in august and loved it. Food was amazing and the rides were the best. Flight of passage is now my favorite ride.