1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More in Store for 2018

Discussion in 'Official Universal Studios News' started by Disney Newsboy, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Disney Newsboy

Disney Newsboy Extra! Extra! Staff Member

With an amazing 2017 behind us—did someone say Universal’s Volcano Bay AND Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon?—there’s no slowing down in 2018. Between grand openings to rumored announcements, here’s a quick look ahead at some of the reasons your clients will be hyped for their 2018 Universal Orlando Resort vacation.

Fast & Furious – Supercharged

Opening: Spring

The latest installment of the Fast & Furious franchise isn’t in your local cinemas or streaming on your favorite device. It’s big, bold and right here at Universal Studios Florida. Your clients will jump in alongside their favorite Fast characters in a crazy chase scene that feels like it’s right out of the movies. The attraction is also filled with cars and props from the movies, perfect for their selfie on IG.

Universal’s Aventura Hotel

Opening: August

If your clients are looking for modern, sleek and perfectly-priced accommodations, look no further. Our sixth hotel welcomes guests this August. You can already book them a room so they can start dreaming about the views from the floor-to-ceiling windows or from our first rooftop bar, perched 17 stories up in the air. Or if lounging by the pool is more their style, we’ve got that covered. Either way, they’ll be happy and you win.

Halloween Horror Nights 2018

Opening: September, with select nights through October

The nation’s premier Halloween event will return for it’s 28th straight year. When this event ends, I always ask myself, “How will we top ourselves next year? There’s no way.” But then those demented geniuses go off and do it. Can’t wait to see the terrifying houses, scarezones and shows they scare up for your clients.

Opening: Mid-November

This year brought all-new décor, live shows and an incredible projection mapping experience on Hogwarts Castle with Christmas in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. It also included an all-new Universal Holidays Parade Featuring Macy’s with entirely new balloons and floats. And all that’s on top of the fun of Grinchmas, Mannheim Steamroller performances and holiday cheer all around.

Well, it’s all coming back again this year for more holiday merriment and mischief. Your clients can consider their holiday travel plans booked.

Crystal Ball Gazing

While I can’t share with you any details on things yet unannounced, I can refer you to things we talked about in 2017…and let you draw your own conclusions.

• Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular is being replaced…
    • Something new is going in where Terminator 2: 3D was…
    • That space where Dragon Challenge was in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade has got to be put to use…
    • Universal CityWalk is bound to put something in where Element was…
    • More details about our expanding hotel collection…
    • And if you’ve been paying attention to our sister park in Japan, progress with Super Mario World is moving along there…

I’m not saying anything, I’m just saying. And for the record, what I’m saying is nothing. Yet.

But if I did have one thing to say, it would be that you should stay tuned to the blog throughout the year. I can promise you there will be exclusive sneak peaks, insider tips, and announcements so you can continue filling your clients in on all the new excitement happening at Universal Orlando.

There’s a lot to look forward to in 2018, that’s for sure.

Travel agents can save up to $100 on their clients’ vacation with the Splash, Stay & Play Vacation Package, learn more here. For more information about vacation packages and new experiences at Universal Orlando Resort, bookmark the blog and check our Universal Travel Agents page.

The post More in Store for 2018 appeared first on Close Up.

Source: Universal Orlando Blog