Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Us in Giving Back Thanksgiving Weekend with Feeding Children Everywhere

Discussion in 'Official Universal Studios News' started by Disney Newsboy, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Disney Newsboy

Disney Newsboy Extra! Extra! Staff Member

[​IMG]
    Join us on Saturday, November 25, as we roll up our sleeves and work assembly-line style to help feed hundreds of thousands of children in partnership with Feeding Children Everywhere. For the past five years, Universal Orlando’s five on-site hotels have come together for this amazing cause—and this year is no exception.

Loews Hotels at Universal Orlando is teaming up with Feeding Children Everywhere again to assemble 375,000 meals. Not only will we be packing meals for the community here in Central Florida, but we will donate 100,000 meals to residents in Puerto Rico and another 100,000 meals to those in the Houston area.

In the first year of hosting this program on-site, Hard Rock alone committed to packing 25,000 meals and we completed more than 50,000. Since then, I have watched it grow from Hard Rock Hotel to a campus-wide movement.

I volunteer in honor of a friend who lost her daughter, but our Team Members, their families and the guests of our hotel all have their own reasons for volunteering their time. Take a look at the story of this family who volunteered during their Universal vacation to help Feeding Children Everywhere.

Here’s how it works: We buy all of the supplies, and volunteers help assemble the meals. That’s where you come in! The camaraderie and playful competition that unfolds during these events are truly contagious. And the feeling you’ll have afterward is unforgettable.

I hope you will sign up to be a part of this amazing project on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. See you there!

The post Help Us in Giving Back Thanksgiving Weekend with Feeding Children Everywhere appeared first on Close Up.

Source: Universal Orlando Blog