Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epcot with little ones

Discussion in 'Epcot' started by Barb Strait, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Barb Strait

Barb Strait New Member

Many people think that little ones won't like Epcot enough to spend a lot of time there. I disagree. My little ones are 4 and 6 and have spent many days in Epcot. My favorite full park day in WDW is starting the day in Magic Kingdom and taking the monorail to Epcot for afternoon and evening fun and dinner. Some of the best restaurants in WDW in my opinion are in Epcot. I love the fun of Biergarten, the princess parade at Akershus, and the delicious food in Mexico and Italy! The World Showcase is full of activities for children after everyone has had their fun in Future World. After a busy morning in Magic Kingdom and an hour or 2 of fun in Future World, kids should be able to relax and enjoy arts and crafts or a fun scavenger hunt in the World Showcase. Although Duffy the Bear is a retired character at WDW, kids can get a cardstock Duffy on a stick and "travel" the countries with him. They will get a stamp on him at each country they stop at and can decorate him with markers, stickers, etc. My kids can tell you multiple countries and a few things about each, so Epcot is also educational. If Duffy the Bear is not exciting enough for your little adventures, they can take part in a scavenger hunt a few months out of the year. During the months of the Flower and Garden Festival (March-May), you can purchase an Easter egg hunt/map for your kids. The cost is approximately $8.00 a map and worth every penny. In every country, there is a hidden character Easter egg that the kids must find. The then put the correct character on correct country on the map and move on to the next. At the end of their adventure, they can turn in their map for an Easter surprise! During the months of the Food and Wine Festival (Sept-Nov), children can take part in Ratatouille hide and squeak. It's a great scavenger hunt for the kids and adults!! You can get these at Port of Entry shop as you enter the countries. There is a picture of this scavenger hunt map attached. If you are not in Disney during these fun times, you can always stop at the Phineus and Ferb, Agent P. Adventure which will allow your kids to search for clues throughout the world showcase. In addition to the live entertainment throughout the World Showcase, these hide and seek adventures or Duffy arts and crafts will allow extra fun exploring the countries. There are too many delicious goodies and world music in Epcot's World Showcase to not spend some time there with your little ones! upload_2016-12-21_19-4-47.png

2. Angie Waller

Angie Waller Member

My kids get so bored in Epcot. No matter what we try they always have a melt down there. We start of by riding the rides then hit World Showcase and sure enough by mid afternoon we have a melt down.
    I love Epcot though and could spend an entire weekend there by myself. I really wish I could get my kids into it.

3. AgentAmandaK

AgentAmandaK Member

My kids love Epcot too! Did you see that there is going to be a new Figment scavenger hunt for the Festival of the Arts?

Barb Strait likes this.
  4. Barb Strait

Barb Strait New Member

I just was reading that!! I love it, I hope that have them all year long. My kids love them!! I look forward to seeing what it is like!

AgentAmandaK likes this.
  5. AgentAmandaK

AgentAmandaK Member