Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disney Planning Digital Lottery for Tickets to ‘Frozen’ on Broadway

Discussion in 'Latest News and Rumors' started by Disney Newsboy, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Disney Newsboy

Disney Newsboy Extra! Extra! Staff Member

It seems that Frozen fever isn’t quite over just yet. Frozen will be making its debut on Broadway this month and tickets are in high demand.

To make sure everyone has a fair shot at getting a chance to see the new Disney Broadway production, the company is setting up a digital lottery system that will set aside a number of $30 tickets. for every performance.

From the Hollywood Reporter

Director Michael Grandage on Tuesday announced the news at a press event at New York’s Highline Hotel for the new stage musical based on the blockbuster animated feature.

“Back home I run a company where the central ethos is about access,” the Tony-winning British director told The Hollywood Reporter, referring to his London-based Michael Grandage Company. “We put 25 percent of every single house on sale at 10 pounds. When I became a director for hire for Disney, I can’t dictate any of that. That’s what they do. So the idea that they’re doing something similar pleases me personally. Because it means that some people, normally young people or frankly people who can’t afford to go to the theater, get a chance to see something that will hopefully change their lives.”

Frozen begins previews on February 22 at the St. James theater in New York.

The musical version of Frozen will feature several new songs by Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez, the songwriting duo behind the memorable tunes for the animated hit. Disney will be releasing these new songs weekly throughout the preview period, but a sneak peek can be found here.

For more information on Frozen: The Musical, visit the official website at FrozenTheMusical.com.

[Source: THR]

The post Disney Planning Digital Lottery for Tickets to ‘Frozen’ on Broadway appeared first on The Kingdom Insider.

Source: The Kingdom Insider