Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CONFIRMED? Aerial Gondola Transportation System Coming to Walt Disney World

Discussion in 'Disney News and Rumors' started by TDAdmin, Apr 5, 2017.

1. TDAdmin

TDAdmin Grand Pooh Bear Staff Member

After weeks of speculation, it appears that Disney is a step closer to adding an aerial gondola transportation system to Walt Disney World. According to WFTV Channel 9, documents have been secured confirming a rumor we reported on last month. A notice of commencement has been filed to connect the Epcot area resorts, like Caribbean Beach and Art of Animation / Pop Century, to stops in Disney’s Epcot and Hollywood Studios theme parks.

More:
    CONFIRMED? Aerial Gondola Transportation System Coming to Walt Disney World | The Kingdom Insider

2. 30yrDisneyfan

30yrDisneyfan New Member

This definitely awesome news! Like you said it's going help the congestion a lot! If you've driven on Buena Vista drive crossing under Epcot Center drive in the last year you know what I mean. The reconstruction should help a lot. I have to say though, many have hoped and dreamed that there would be new monorails, it's just so cool!

3. Jazzygirl72

Jazzygirl72 Member

Orlando Sentinel released a confirmation of this today. I just looked at the map again. It's such a roundabout way to get from Epcot to DHS using this system. You have to go all the way to CBR and then over to DHS. There's already a boat system that goes in between them. I know each boat doesn't hold hundreds but I've used it without issue. (And they stop at the hotels on the way.) I wonder if there's zoning issues with going right across from Epcot to DHS instead of following the road over to CBR? I wonder how fast they'll move if they are continuous. Lots of changes to keep track of on property over the next couple of years!

TDAdmin likes this.
  4. TDAdmin

TDAdmin Grand Pooh Bear Staff Member

5. Sauvageau.Travel

Sauvageau.Travel New Member

With the size and popularity of AoA be Pop Century, especially with the family suites at AoA. This gives guests an alternative to the busses. I can't wait to see what comes of this and I am very hopeful for it. When I was down last year, we stayed at AoA and on one occasion we waiters over an hour and a half for a bus front epcot to AoA. Not a single bus came in that time period, and we were fortunate enough to get on the first bus that came. The line for the AoA bus was past the entrance to he bus terminal. Not a great experience for many people. Hopefully this will relieve some of that congestion.