1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Caribbean Beach Resort Refurb

Discussion in 'WDW Resort Hotels' started by Jazzygirl72, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Jazzygirl72

Jazzygirl72 Member

Disney added CBR to the Refurb list today. Looks like the food court will be closed starting May 2017 through 2018. No end date mentioned. Grab n Go options will be available in all the "islands". This may influence people staying here. I had someone change to POR because of this.

PNP Thom likes this.
  2. PNP Thom

PNP Thom PNP Ghost Host Staff Member

I've been wondering about this myself. We were hoping to do Caribbean Beach this summer and I'm not sure how this will affect that trip. I'm glad to see the resort get some much needed TLC, but I'm questioning the timing. Summer -- with Avatar opening -- might not be the best time for this...?

I've heard that the grab and go food might be food trucks, which is guess is pretty cool... but essentially having the hub shutdown completely for months will definitely turn some people off.

3. TDAdmin

TDAdmin Grand Pooh Bear Staff Member

UPDATE: The word from travel agents is that Disney is offering a $75 Disney Gift Card per night that you stay in Caribbean Beach during the refurb, or that you may switch to another moderate at no additional charge.

4. Jazzygirl72

Jazzygirl72 Member

Yup, I actually jumped on that deal to go in July so I can check out Pandora!