Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beat the Summer Heat at Universal’s Volcano Bay

Discussion in 'Official Universal Studios News' started by Disney Newsboy, May 25, 2018.

1. Disney Newsboy

Disney Newsboy Extra! Extra! Staff Member

[​IMG]
    Summer time is almost here, which means it’s time to get the sunscreen and beach towels ready for that warm Florida sunshine. Now is the perfect time to start cooling off at Universal’s Volcano Bay.

It’s been a year since the park has opened, and I’ve discovered new areas within the park to enjoy. I’ve channeled the courage to brave the rides. And I took the time to simply marvel at the amazing atmosphere the park offers.

[​IMG]

The lush and unique foliage creates a blooming tropical oasis that took time to blossom – but who’s counting when you’re on Waturi time? Today, its beautiful flowers wrap the park in a beautiful, tropical embrace.

At the center of the park lives the impressive Krakatau volcano, casting a stunning backdrop setting and beckoning you to explore the wonders within.

[​IMG]

Inside the volcano, you can encounter Vol – the spirit of Volcano Bay. Vol tells stories, jokes and interacts with guests using fountains, lights and mist. Head outside the volcano and you experience the adrenaline-pumping thrills of the Kala & Tai Nui serpentine slides and the iconic Ko’okiri Body Plunge (favorites of mine).

If I’m not facing the slides within the volcano, I’m enjoying the sheer excitement of surprise at the end of the Ohyah and Ohno Drop Slides or catching some air on Honu of Honu ika Moana.

[​IMG]

The fun doesn’t end just with the slides, though. I can spend hours in the two rivers – one winding and one action-packed. TeAwa the Fearless River is where I have spent a lot of time becoming a river adventurer in this one-of-a-kind experience.

When I’m not on the rides, I can be found enjoying the delectable cuisine that exceeds anything I would expect at a water theme park. You truly have a wide assortment of flavorful options from the sushi and Quinoa Edamame Burger to the colorful Waturi Fusion Ice Cream.

[​IMG]

Haven’t been to visit in the last year? Now is the time to start planning your escape to this tropical paradise.

The post Beat the Summer Heat at Universal’s Volcano Bay appeared first on Close Up.

Source: Universal Orlando Blog